Sep 25, 2014 Posted in: Tips
- Give your vehicle a spring cleaning. Keeping your interior clean will help assure that your adaptive equipment can function properly. De-clutter your vehicle, vacuum carpets and mats, and wipe down your adaptive equipment. Taking these steps will help prevent debris from interfering with and damaging your adaptive equipment.
- Replace your worn wiper blades. Michigan’s winter weather can be brutal on your wiper blades–make sure they’re ready for spring showers. Check that the rubber isn’t dry or cracked, then turn them on and make sure they’re properly cleaning the windshield. If you see a problem, install a new set.
- Ensure that your tires are properly inflated. Properly inflating your tires can improve fuel efficiency and is a very important safety step. Check the owner’s manual or look inside the driver’s side door frame for your vehicle’s tire pressure rating, then use a pressure gauge to make sure they’re at the right level. In warmer weather, tires that are not properly inflated are also more likely to have a blowout.
- Test your battery and back up battery. Many of your adaptive devices are powered by your vehicle’s battery, so it’s important to make sure your battery can last you through the season. Check the battery for cracks, corrosion, and frayed cables. You’ll also need to test the battery’s voltage with a multimeter.
- Inspect your emergency kit. Are the contents of your emergency kit easily accessible? Be sure your fire extinguisher, fire blanket, and seat belt cutter readily available in case of emergency. Also, locate your jumper cables and refill your first aid kit.
- Schedule a maintenance for your adaptive equipment with Creative Mobility Group. To ensure your safety and the longevity of your equipment, we recommend scheduling a maintenance for your adaptive equipment every 6 months. Don’t wait until there is a problem that leaves you stranded! Our certified technicians will make sure your equipment is in best condition for the coming season. The best part is, we’ll take care of steps 1-5 for you! Contact us today to schedule your maintenance appointment: 888-998-4264